The Aurora Towel
Our Aurora Towel is made from our signature Turkish cotton. This style comes in a striking traditional Turkish stripe, offered in natural tones and finished with a tassel fringe.
Our Turkish towels can be used for a day at the beach or pool, or as a beautiful addition to your home. Visit our blog post 'Make your Turkish Towel Last Longer' for details on how to care for our towels.
- Handmade by Traditional Artisans in Turkey
- Eco-Friendly & Fair Trade Certified
- Made with 100% Turkish Cotton
100% Turkish Cotton | 95cm x 175cm (37" x 69")
BENEFITS + DETAILS
Imagine if every business in the world donated just 1% of their profits, products and peoples time to a meaningful cause outside of their organization. What would that world look like?
At Tofino Towel Co. we believe in a philanthropic & sustainable approach to doing business therefore we will be committed to what we call the 1% MODEL.
1% DONATION OF PROFITS
We will donate 1% of all profits to local non-profits in order to help preserve the picturesque beaches and precious wild life of the west coast. We are very excited to announce our new partnership with Surfrider Pacific Rim www.pacificrim.surfrider.org. The Surfrider Foundation is dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beached, for all people, through a powerful activist network. They are a group of coastal defenders dedicated naturalists living and working on the waters of west coast.
Please follow this button to Surfrider’s Charitable Impact account where you can support their work that is leading action on plastic pollution, promising healthier oceans and coastlines for the people of today and for generations to come.
1% GIVE BACK
We commit to giving back to our community each season through in-kind community donations, charitable sponsorships, and employee engagement initiatives.
- We will donate 1% of our product to those in need (example = product donation for charitable silent auctions and local community fundraisers).
- We will donate 1% of our employee’s time to the protection and enjoyment of the oceans, coast lines and marine wild life of Vancouver Island and the West Coast.
How do I take care of my Tofino Towel Co. products?
- Take care of your items and they will take care of you. Each item has a content care label with the washing instructions. These instructions are provided by our artisans who carefully hand weave our products. Each product is different, so be sure to check out the label.
- As a general rule of thumb, we recommend you wash all of our cotton products on a delicate cycle using cold water and hang to dry.
- We do offer items that have a wool content, for these items please follow the care instructions on the label.
- These steps will ensure maximum enjoyment and longevity of our products.
What are your products made out of?
- We detail the product composition for each style on the product page of our website. There you will be able to find if the product is organic, Okeo-tex, fair trade and other certifications. You will see that majority of our products are made from Turkish cotton – want to know why? Read the next FAQ ☺
Why Turkish Cotton?
- In general, the fibers of Turkish cotton are longer and stronger than those of most other types of cotton. The fibers of Turkish cotton are quite smooth with very little 'fuzz'. Because the fibers are long it allows the fiber to be quite absorbent. Some other benefits of Turkish cotton are that it is generally half the weight while being equally as absorbent, it dries quickly, it’s easy to pack, and generally has a longer life. Read our blog post on how to care for your towel here ☺
Are your towels suitable for indoor and outdoor use?
- Yes! We design our products and work closely with our artisans for each style to be functional and fashionable. Our products are meant to compliment your lifestyle, whether that be indoors or outside. #liveoutsideloveinside
Where can I find your products?
- We sell online….as you know because you are already on our site. You can also find our products at select boutique stores across North America. To find a location near you, please contact our customer service team by filling out your details on the contact us form.
What is Tofino Towel Co. doing to give back?
- We are dedicated to giving back 1% of our profits and time to local charities focusing on the ocean and wildlife preservation here on the West Coast.
What is Tofino Towel Co. doing to be sustainable and eco-friendly?
- As a business we are making a conscious effort to be as eco-friendly as possible. Our team is constantly exploring and implementing sustainable practices for all aspects of our company.
We currently use recyclable shipping materials and packaging. Our offices are paperless (for the most part) and each team member of Tofino Towel Co. is an avid recycler, composter, and does their best to live a sustainable lifestyle – we practice what we preach.
Our products are designed to last, we aim to have our products in your home and not in the landfills. The core purpose of Tofino Towel Co. is simple: we aim to create versatile, functional and fashionable textile works that are superior to the traditional everyday alternative. We aspire to create multipurpose products that do more, so people can own less.
How can I stay up to date?
- Become a VIP! Join our newsletter by clicking the link below in our footer. We will send you discounts, promotions, new designs, and anything that's worth sharing…without oversharing (we promise when we email you, you will want to open it. There will be no peppering your inbox from us).
We also love social! Find us on Instagram and Facebook at @tofinotowelco
What if an item is out of stock?
- Tofino Towel Co, is primarily a ‘core collection’. What does that mean? If we are sold out, we are already hustling in the background to get more stock in. Easiest way to see when we are restocked is to follow us on social media (Instagram @tofinotowelco) where we announce all our restocks.
Need a specific date when the product will arrive? Our customer service team will be happy to help you. You can reach them by filling out our contact form.
Do you have sales?
- Yes we do! The best way to stay up to date on our promotions is to subscribe to our newsletter. Our subscribers get VIP early access to our sales, so it’s worthwhile to be a part of our community.
How do I partner with Tofino Towel?
- Are you a Influencer, Ambassador or a Brand that would like to partner with us? We would love to hear from you! Please send your inquiry to our marketing team – you can reach them at email@example.com, be sure to include your contact information, pitch, media kit, and social media handles.
Where do you ship to?
We currently ship across Canada and the USA. If you are located outside of North America, please reach out to us – we would love to see if we can help you.
What are your shipping rates?
- We offer complimentary shipping within Canada for orders with a value of $199 or more (before tax). Yup, FREE shipping!
- All orders under our free shipping threshold value are a flat rate fee of $9.99 - $14.99 in Canada.
- We offer a flat rate of $29.99 for all orders shipping to the USA.
- Please note: This does not include applicable duties and taxes. All associated fees will be the responsibility of the recipient.
How long should I expect for my order to arrive?
- Our orders are generally packed and shipped within 2-4 business days - we always do our best to ship as quick as possible. Shipping times vary by carrier and time of year, but we promise that our team diligently tries to find the best option to ship your package so it arrives quickly. Please note orders placed during peak times (Sale events, Seasonal launches, Black Friday, Boxing Day and Holidays promotions) may take longer due to an increase of order volume.
Do you offer express shipping?
- We currently do not offer express shipping options on our site, but if there is a specific date you need a product by please reach out prior to placing your order and we will be more than happy to see if we are able to help.
Is there an option for local pickup?
- Our warehouse and shipping is currently run by a third party company, so unfortunately we are unable to offer a pickup service at this time.
What is your policy for lost or stolen shipments?
- Tofino Towel Co. is not responsible for lost or stolen packages. We recommend you ship your packages to a location where you or someone you trust will be available to receive your order.
What should I do if I have a question about my order or a product?
- Please fill out our contact form on our website. We will be more than happy to answer your questions. Please note our team works Monday to Friday from 9am – 4pm. We all deserve a break, so if you email over the weekend please note that our team will answer your email when they are back in the office.
Do you offer returns or exchanges?
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and ensuring that you are happy with your purchase. All products are checked for quality prior to shipping. Should a product be faulty or unfortunately doesn’t fit we will happily replace or exchange the goods. We don’t accept returns if it is simply a change of mind.
Quick Reference Guide for Returns:
- Please contact us in regards to a return or exchange as early as possible, and no later than 14 days after delivery.
- Sale items (discounted or promotional*), or items that have been used, soiled, washed or damaged are a final sale.
- A Return Approval form is required prior to returning your items. Request one here.
- Items being returned must be in original condition with any original product tags or packaging still intact.
- Packing, shipping and applicable costs for returning items are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returned items will be inspected upon receipt. Once we have verified items are eligible for return we will process a store-credit or exchange. We do not offer refunds at this time.
*discounted items are items marked down on our website
*promotional items are any items marked down using a discount or promo code
Didn't purchase from our website?
If you've made your purchase through an independent retailer, please see your retailer for their return/exchange policy
See here for our full Return Policy
What are your non-returnable items?
- Sale, discounted, and/or clearance items do not qualify for return and are a final sale. Personal hygiene items such as bedding and duvets. Items that have been laundered/used/soiled are also a final sale. Regular priced items may be returned upon approval for store credit or exchange.
To return your product, you must first obtain an authorized return. Upon receipt of the RA you can return your product to the address specified on the return form. *DO NOT ship your order to the original shipping address, this is a third-party warehouse and cannot accept shipments. Any orders sent to this address will be considered void/lost.
Customers are responsible for applicable return shipping costs. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a credit or exchange, the cost of return shipping will be deducted. Exchange orders are subject to our standard shipping rates